vendredi 25 août 2006

Family Bizness



Entendu dans OZ S02E05 'Family Bizness'

Family! Our families determine who we are, determine what we're not. All of our relationships with everybody we ever meet for the rest of our lives is based on the way we relate to the members of our family. No wonder the world's so fucked up.

La famille ! Notre famille détermine qui on est et qui on est pas.
Toutes nos relations avec les gens qu'on rencontrera dans notre vie sont conditionnées par nos rapports avec les membres de notre famille !
Pas étonnant que le monde soit si bousillé !

[...]

You see what I'm saying? People move the way that they do because they're still working out some shit with their fathers. They're still pissed at their mothers for not potty-training them properly. Shit like that. People want to get back at their parents for making them be born. Bad baby!

Vous voyez ce que je veux dire ? Les gens font ce qu'ils font pour se venger de leur père ! Ils en veulent à leur mère de leur avoir mal appris à aller sur le pot.
Ils veulent leur faire payer de les avoir mis au monde. Vilain bébé !

[...]

Every once in a while, I remember something I did when I was a child. Or something that was done to me, by my father or my brother or a cousin. Some injury, some humiliation, and it seems like it happened to another person a century or two ago. I'm not really sure if what I remember really took place at all. You can't build your life relying on the perceptions of a little boy, on the echoes of some memory. No. You got to let all that shit go. You got to start fresh. Every single day, you have got to start again.

Parfois, je me souviens d'une chose que j'ai faite enfant. Ou d'un truc que m'a fait mon père, mon frère ou un cousin. Des coups, une humiliation, et j'ai l'impression que c'est arrivé à une autre personne il y a des siècles. Je me demande même si ça s'est vraiment produit. On ne peut pas bâtir sa vie sur des impressions de petit garçon, sur de vagues réminiscences. Non. Il faut oublier toute cette merde. Il faut recommencer à zéro. Chaque jour de sa vie, il faut repartir à zéro.

Aucun commentaire: